View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Savriel

re: Greetings and casual heroic raiding enquiry

Hello!

My main is a SP named Savriel, I came along on one of your SoO flexi's the other week and just saw Xei's post on the Saurfang realm forums. Both my husband (warlock- Methalen) and myself are interested in the prospect of joining you guys for some heroic raiding and possibly into WoD.

Who we are:

I'll let Meth do his own introductions but we are both in our early 30's with a 13 month old son. I am a lab-rat turned high school Science and Psychology teacher and Meth drinks wine for a living. We love good food and wine, friends, travelling, too many tv shows to list, Magic the Gathering and of course, computer games! I am also a bit of a Pinterest addict which I troll for recipes and crafty ideas. We both love WoW and have been raiding since vanilla (more details below). 

Our Wow experience:

We started playing Wow back when Strat was a 40-man raid. I will never forget the day I got into an MC raid and called Meth at work to tell him I got my first piece of tier 1. He was mad jelly. We rolled alliance on Bronzebeard and Meth was the GM of our Oceanic raiding guild and progressed us through MC, BWL and AQ40. We then transferred to Aman'Thul and joined a premier raiding guild there which gave us more AQ40 and Naxx raiding until the release of BC.

In BC I rerolled horde (my SP, still my current main) but we both continued to raid. I was the recruitment officer of my guild, Nocturnal, which was one of the top horde raiding guilds on AT. We managed to kill 4 bosses in SWP before WOTLK.

Our WOTLK raiding experience continued up until ToC, at which point we'd had enough and took a break from WoW. We returned at the end of WOTLK and formed a guild with some of the other ex-Nocturnal raiders (Indef - our current guild) for some casual but productive raiding with friends. This was probably the best raiding time for us - 5 hours a week but with a tight knight team that smashed content including heroic content through Cata and MoP. We retired from raiding in Dec 2012 just after the release of HoF before the birth of our son. 

Since then, we have been playing casually. We're both achievement whores, so there is always plenty to do. I have been a casual spot filler for Indef and so have cleared SoO on normal when the guild's needed me. Indef has ceased raiding for MoP and its future for WoD is uncertain as a lot of our core team is undecided about whether they will return for WoD.

What we're looking for:

As fun as it is farming achievements, we still love raiding, seeing the content (outside of LFR) and getting the raid achievements. However, with a baby we just don't have the time (or energy) to devote to raiding that we used to. The opportunity of raiding 1 night a week (where the raid starts when bubs is already in bed -yay) and still experiencing some new and challenging content with like-minded individuals would be fantastic. However, at this stage, we would like to remain in Indef, until its future into WoD is certain. Plus, we have social friends in there that we are doing some old school achievement runs with at the moment.

What we can offer Endless Fury:

Help/man power in runs (scenario, heroic or otherwise), friendly and interesting (maybe?) conversation. Despite having less time for WoW, we still take pride in ensuring our characters are up to scratch with reforges, gems, enchants etc and stay up to date on theorycrafting as much as we can. We take care of our own pots, food and don't expect hand-outs. Also, we don't stand in fire.

We are happy to chat with you in-game or on vent/mumble about any of the above or any questions you may have :-)

Look forward to hearing from you!

Sav.

Hey - thanks for the interest :)

Will get back to you in a few days, but as a side note (as I was on the Bronzebeard server from launch until early BC) what were your toon/guild names on Bronzebeard?

No bearing at all on your application, just curious :)

What a small world! My toon was Savra - NE druid and hubby's was Methenaw - NE warrior. Our guild was called Nightshift. Were you horde or alliance?

Horde ftw!!!

Always been Spiritstomp (Enhance Tauren Shaman), i was initially with Nevers End until they transferred, the Aussies all stayed and we made Endless Fury with peeps from our pug molten core we were running weekly.

Guild Master

Endless Fury was founded on Bronzebeard (Horde side) not long after BWL came out. We came from the various raiding guilds on Horde side as we wanted to raid at Australian timezones.

The guild transferred to Nagrand just after BC and went on to be a top 10 Oceanic guild throughout all of Burning Crusade (we cleared Sunwell prior to nerfs) and WoTLK (falling apart on Heroic Lich King, but I had already retired from raiding before that - ToC made me want to kill myself). Slight resurrection with 10man raiding in Cata (which I wasn't a part of) and then most retired/quit again (I blame Gersey). GM was passed onto Engle and he decided to move to Saurfang and then he and his partner popped out a baby and I am now GM for the second time in EF history :)

Spiritstomp and I are the only two original remaining members left. So, as it turns out, I have been playing WoW with Steve for nearly 10 years now ... singing renditions of Top Gun to each other since late 2004 or early 2005.

Guild Master

You guys able to come along this Sunday night?

We sure can! Just let us know what you're wanting to do so we can be prepared strat-wise if it's heroics. Also, just to confirm the time, 8.30 pm server, yes?

It's pretty awesome when long-term friendships form on Wow. We have a number of RL friends that we first met through WoW on BB that have followed us across servers and factions that we still play with. I think ultimately that's what keeps you playing through all the game changes and over the years :-)

Yup - 8:30 server. Probably going to skip Flex 3 this week as we want to focus on farming Garrosh. We plan to do this until March at least when one of our Tanks comes back - get him a Garrosh kill then move onto the T14 heroics.

Sounds like a plan. Especially because Garrosh has so much shiny purple goodness for everyone. See you then =)

Hey guys, I just wanted to confirm whether you needed Meth and I this Sunday night or not?

Not sure what the team is planning as I won't be around (I'm flying interstate for work tomorrow morning).

Hi Guys, 

Not sure if you are around given Xei's last post but it doesn't look like we will have a raid tonight at this stage.  So far there are only 2 guildies on -Endbringah and me.

There may be others - cross realm but I don't have their id's.

Anyway all going well - next week!

Shazammy (my only male toon!)

Savriel

Meth and I will be around tomorrow night if you need us :-)

I'll be logging on soon to organize shit :)

Meth and I will be online and super keen for more T14 achieves/heroics tomorrow night =D

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online